Thursday, August 20, 2015

Fudgesicles







Fudgesicles

3 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/3 + 1 tablespoon sugar
2 eggs
pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Whisk together the milk, cream, sugar and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan. Continue whisking and heat over medium heat until very hot (but not boiling). 

Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Slowly pour about 1/2 of the milk mixture into the eggs, whisking to combine. Pour the egg/milk mixture back into the saucepan and combine well with the rest of the milk. Heat over medium heat until slightly thickened. Don't let it boil. 

Remove from the heat and add the salt, vanilla and chocolate chips. Whisk until the chocolate chips are melted. Let cool and pour into popsicle molds.

7 comments:

Dewena said...

This looks so good, Lorrie! I especially like the teethmarks in it!

Cristal @ Dapple Design said...

I've been meaning to ask you how you make these. Thanks for sharing.

DeniseinVA said...

That looks absolutely delicious. I can't wait to try this treat. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Yum! Looks so good!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my goodness, thank you for sharing this. It looks delicious!

DeniseinVA said...

And I see I have already commented. I think it is a brain thing ;)

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness this post is from 2015!
I think the grandchildren would enjoy these ...

All the best Jan