Thursday, February 6, 2014

Bacon and Date Snacks



These little morsels are sweet and salty at the same time. Easy to make, easy to eat. Barely a recipe with just two ingredients.

Dried Pitted Dates
Bacon Slices

Cut bacon slices so that they can be wrapped around the dates. I cut my slices in half, then ended up trimming a little of the fatty end off of the bacon before wrapping the dates. 

Wrap the dates, slightly overlapping the bacon ends, and fasten with a toothpick. 

Place on a parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp. Use the top third of the oven so the bottoms don't burn. Turn the rolls over about halfway through. Cool slightly before eating so as not to burn your mouth.

If you like, stuff an almond into the date before wrapping it in bacon. I prefer them without the almond - the crunch of the bacon and the melting sweetness of the dates are enough for me.   

3 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh these look delicious Lorrie!

Linda Jo said...

I do love these! I put goat cheese inside the dates! Yum!!!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I must try these!