Monday, July 27, 2015

Apricot Rosemary Jam



I was speaking with my youngest daughter via Skype one evening recently as she pulled jars of this jam from her canner. The combination of savory herbs and sweet fruit intrigued me and I asked her for the recipe. Here it is:
 

Apricot Rosemary Jam

1.5 lbs of pitted, ripe apricots, cut into chunks (1 dry quart)
2 cups granulated sugar
3 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Combine the apricots, sugar and rosemary in a large pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until thickened. To test for thickness, spoon a small amount onto a plate and draw a spatula or spoon through the center. The jam is done when the edges don't immediately come together. 
Remove from heat, stir in the lemon juice.

Pour jam into 6 - 1/4 pint (1/2 cup) sterilized jars. Top with lids and seal as usual. 

Yields: 6 - 1/2 cup jars or 3 1-cup jars. 

2 comments:

Bernideen said...

This looks fabulous!

Bernideen said...

Lorrie:
I would love it if you would share this recipe (which would be wonderful on scones)on my Tea In the Garden Blog Party link up!
Also, if you would email me your address I would gladly send you some Queen Anne's Lace seeds.